Friday, November 10, 2006

My friend Vickie's in CA 11-10

I have been incommunicado because we have been busy yammering and catching up with friends. We are at my friend Vickie’s. We got in on Wednesday afternoon. She lives in Genesee Valley east of Taylorsville, CA. way out in the woods on a creek. Lots of oak trees and pines and firs. It is gorgeous here. Larry being the backer of trailers-guru, he was able to back the trailer down her driveway, barely clearing trees and rocks and got us right where we wanted to be. It took awhile but he got it. It will probably take as long getting us back out, but there’s no hurry so no problem. We were up late visiting…after midnight, so no blog.

We are in our old stomping grounds so we are catching up with our friends. Last night we were up late visiting, so no blog.

Today we had lunch with some other friends and are having dinner with different friends tonight, so I am sneaking in a blog while I am baking brownies for dessert. It is cold here, 27 this morning, low 40’s for the high. Our bones are screeching, “WHY, WHY?”
The trees are all golden and loosing their leaves and all our four-legged and feathered friends are on the move. These turkeys and deer are our neighbors. Haven’t seen any bear yet. Gotta go have some more fabulous food! I might be back tomorrow, I might not, so if I’m not…sorry! I am probably visiting and eating.

The first picture is of Indian creek on the way to Taylorsville. It is one of the prettiest places in Plumas County. We had lunch there on our way in.

No comments: