Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn's Here!!!

It was a glorious start to Autumn yesterday.  It was fresh, crisp and clean after the inch and a half of rain we got here Saturday and early Sunday morning.  The temperatures dropped and it was a cozy weekend.  I swapped out my spring/summer colors for the autumn/winter colors of my Fiesta ware, flannels on the bed and plugged the television back in so we could watch the Voice.  The cranes have been been making their unique racket up above cruising on the thermals on their migrations south.









I've been working on applying what I learned while on my retreat and breaking down my internal walls that have kept me from trying.  It's never too late!  I am going to be working seriously on my writing.  I've gotten over the hurdle of letting Larry help me with it, it is helpful to have someone look over my projects, critiquing and helping me with his lovely red pen immediately.  Then I can get right back to it.







As the weather starts cooling down we'll have to get to work getting the garden ready for winter.  I have lots of pruning to do on the roses, they all grew huge this summer, the hedge is over my head.  I have a lot I want to dig out and get rid of and I have all the daylillies and glads to dig up.





I came home from pilates on Friday and Larry had Gracie in the utility sink and ooh-wheee, the stink.  She was black from the chest down.  On their hike they went to the pond, across the highway, for the first time in a few months and Gracie decided to chase the frogs, straight into the mud.  The water had gone way down and it was pure mud a few feet from the shore.  She had lots of fun.  Larry said on the way home she kept kicking out a foot and he would check them, but there was nothing stuck in them.  He figured the mud was drying and pulling on her fur.  There wasn't water around to rinse her off, so she had a nice mud pack to wear on the way home.
Connor, Ian, Me and Chloe







A week ago Sunday we drove over to Ukiah to see the kids.  We left early, had a great day hanging with the kids, visiting and then headed back home, a fun day.

I just thought of something I forgot to share but I'll save that for another time.  I have to get the pictures from our wet weekend posted and I still have to make time to get my pictures edited of the lotus pond that was at my retreat so I can eventually share them here.








I harvested these lovelies before the storm.

After the storm, sparkling fresh!

No comments: