Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tah Dah! 12-11

I'm here, I'm here!  The time just slipped away from me, I got a nudge today that it has been two weeks since my last entry and was I still alive.  I would think about making an entry and then get busy on one of my projects and forget.

We've had wonderful weather and just the last few nights have we been getting freezing and below.  I've gone out hiking with Larry a few times but for some reason I keep coming up lame and wait a few days before going out again.  We crossed paths with a couple of coyotes one day.  They watched us watching them, Larry took pictures with his camera and then when Larry took a few steps toward them they finally moved on.





We've done a bit of yard work and there has still been some blooming going on in the garden.  Today I planted tulip, daffodil and dutch iris bulbs.  We got our new manzanita planted, but the deer started munching on them so we had to cage the plants up until they get established.  We've hardly seen the deer the last couple of weeks, until a couple days ago and today the huge big buck was back and the two pointer kept sparring with him.  The young buck is half the big guys size but they just have to keep trying out their stuff.

















We got our tree up and decorated almost two whole weeks ago already.  It has 650 white lights on it and we can practically read in the room with just those lights...I prefer colored lights, but this tree was after Christmas cheap so it came home with us a few years ago.
Before tinsel.



After tinsel...I love it.



















I had a place for my Santa's this year.  The teeny one was my Dad's, the one on the right  was given to me by my Gram when I was little and I bought Scottish Santa back in the '90s I think.



















We spend the sunniest part of each day out on the front porch soaking up the sun while we have it and I have been knitting and crocheting my little hands off.  I'll post pictures of those projects later.

See the hummingbird in the middle?
This morning there were about a dozen sparrows on the frozen bird bath.  I went out and broke up the ice and none of the birds came back.  Larry said they were probably ice skating and I spoiled their fun.  That made me laugh to think about it...sparrows ice skating.  But then my brain goes on one of its tangents and I wondered how often our help...when it isn't asked for, spoils someones fun....hmmm.
I zoomed in on the computer so we could see him better.  I got that beautiful flash of his head  in the sun.

The Flickers have been hollowing out the persimmons.








This little beauty opened a couple of days ago.
Now this is a rose petal!  Massive.

Yesterday Larry & I went to a local Christmas Bazaar and these are my treasures, all for $20.

 I may not post every day, there just hasn't been much worth writing about going on, but I'll try to get to it more often then once every two weeks.  I haven't even been out with the camera too much.

No comments: