Monday, May 31, 2010

A snaky day 5-31

Being the last day of the three day Memorial day weekend, this full RVPark emptied out pretty much by 11 a.m....amazing. Glad I didn't have to be on the road today. We took a stroll around after the major exodus.







We mostly spent the day working on computer projects. For an hour or so we were entertained by this lovely local beauty. It was pretty long, Larry guessed about 40", after watching it disappear into a small hole I decided I would be staying inside until I was sure what kind of snake it was. About the time I was moving away to look on the internet for what variety of slithering smoothness I was looking at it shot head first back out of the hole and just froze there poised for a snack to go by. Then it would back into the hole and then poke back out. Once after a bit it even popped out of a neighboring hole. After a half hour of so I happened to see it finally exit the hole and then make its way slowly zigging and zagging along on the hunt into a neaby bush. It is a Red Coachwhip snake, non-venomous.








Cliff Armas came by for a few hours to look at my Dad's memorabilia that we pulled out of storage to bring down for him to see. He is always very nice and respectful of our feelings and "stuff".








It was sunny, cooler than yesterday and breezy, but still warmer than NorCal by far!

No comments: