Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Soaking 2-10






It feels like Oregon here. It has rained so much that the water is sitting everywhere in little ponds and lakes, even a couple of days after the last rain. This pic is of the American River again.

I have been working on my colorful afghan and ran out of a few colors, so I ordered them and now I am just doing what I can on it while waiting for the yarn to arrive. This picture is of the backside and you can see if you look the ends hanging here and there, so I am weaving them in and getting started on the border. I have finished all the squares and just have six that I need to do the last row on and in that last row the square is attached to the blanket.

Not much else going on, we have done a bit of driving around and getting our bearings. This last picture is of some moss on a deck….it is so very green and growing in a dome shape…cute.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

So glad to hear from you! I love the colorful afghan...I've done some grannie square projects, but find that weaving in all the tails just frustrates me...so...

Do you have a source for yarn that you would recommend?

More rain here today, Beth tells me that they have sunshine in Weimar.....fog and drizzle go away! Of course, I don't like the heavy rain, either, it finds too many places to invade.