Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nice Weather 11-25

We are having stunningly gorgeous weather here in Northern California, in the low 70’s and sunny with nary a breeze.

On Monday we ran down to Santa Rosa for an appointment and to run into Trader Joe’s…I have a had a gift card burning a hole in my purse waiting to be used since my birthday (thanks again Aunt Gretchen) for the purchase of dark chocolate covered raisins…and the dark chocolate covered almonds are really great too.

Yesterday we walked down to the kids’ place, snuggled the baby and then Ian walked back with us. We got “are we there yet?” only about five times. He helped Grandpa wash the truck and trailer…he was the hose master.

Then they went next door to the driving range and Ian shot a bucket of balls…or whatever it is you do with golf balls at a driving range…I don’t know golf…I do know you don’t dribble them….

We took Ian back home and then braved the Safeway which was a zoo all day, but by some miracle we had timed it just right and we hit a lull at the check stands…no waiting and back home we went.

Today we took a walk for a latte and a donut…yum, totally enjoyed the sun and great weather. After we got back I did a little cleaning and tidying and waited for Ian to call. He is spending the night here with us and I didn’t tell him when we would be picking him up. I wondered how long he would hold out before calling us to find out when we were going to come get him….he lasted until about 1:30…I am evil…he drove his Mom crazy all morning asking when we would be coming over…laugh. It’s the little things that give us parents’ pleasure….payback.

No comments: