Friday, July 04, 2014

Bye Bye June

I forgot to post this the other day, probably because I didn't get the picture's edited yet, but I thought I would post it now anyway>>>>>>>>

June is gone and what a strange month it was.  My sister flew out Darcy's celebration of life service.  It was a sad, tough weekend but my sister and I really enjoyed being together and with family in spite of the sad occasion.

After returning home on Sunday after the service I decided to call my cousin Pat and invite myself to the family camping trip outside of Chester.  No plan camping trip, spontaneous and only one day to prepare...I was channeling my inner sister, dangerous business...hahaha.  Monday we went to Costco, I took care of stuff around the garden and home and we headed north on Tuesday morning.

Larry had work to do in Greenville, was taking his work camper/truck and it had been his idea that after dropping him off in Greenville I take the camper on up to camp instead of crashing on my cousins borrowed trailer's sofa.  The camper is large and the truck was big, powerful and manual transmission.  We took the truck/camper to Costco so Larry could be sure everything was running good and so I could drive it home and get the feel for it and drive a stick again.  The mirrors made it easy for me to stay oriented in my lane and I got the hang of the transmission quickly.  I did entertain everyone at the light getting onto highway 49 as I killed the truck three times before getting that I really had to give that accelerator more pressure from a stop.

We had a great time.  Gracie loved being camp dog.  I kept her on her leash the first couple of days and took lots of walks around outside camp and after a couple of days she knew her boundaries and was real good.  She loved the smells and chasing the small squirrels and walking in the stream.  She was a dirt ball, well we all were.  Dry camping out in the forest means a lot of dirt, especially with many people.

No comments: