Monday, July 14, 2014

Today's Nature AHHHHH!

Today's nature AHHHHHH from our back door! I was really lucky to look out the window and get to my camera and back. Two kits and mama fox. It was amazing to watch one of the kits scale the huge oak and stop at least twelve feet above ground before realizing it was being left behind by its sibling who had followed mama. The parents aren't skittish so when I opened the back door and clicked pictures from the deck mama looked up but didn't just take off. We've been out at dark and at dusk and the adults go right past us fairly close. This is the first time seeing the kits. It explains their god awful weird barking the last few nights. We're happy to have the fox around so they will keep the ground squirrel and other rodent populations in check. I imagine if we had chickens we wouldn't love them so much.


I put this in for perspective.  The other kit is behind the mama
way over to the far left.  The tree in front of the kit on the
right is the one the kit scaled.

Following after mama as she slinks off into the shrubs.

Time to go back down!


Here I come Mama!




No comments: