Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Happy March!

Another week has gone by and now it's March!  Daffodils are popping out all over and brightening up the place.  I planted a bunch in Jan. and they will be blooming soon.  







Our heavily pruned plum tree has a few flowers.  I guess we should have left a few more branches for it to flower with...no flowers no fruit.  The asian pear had its first flower open today.  We are getting a storm in, so today is gray and windy.  I guess Jan and Feb have been the Sac area's third driest on record.  After the drowning springs we had last year and the year before, we've been thinking it's kind of nice.  Everything is sprouting.  We spread manure in all the boxes, I planted a camellia in a pot and just tidied up the garden before it gets going and checking that I'm not making any rattlesnake hideouts.  The lizards have made their appearance so I imagine the snakes are moving about too.

I had Gracie micro-chipped last week.  She was very sore the rest of the day...she is my delicate flower and a bit of a drama queen I think.  After talking to the doc and finding out how much aspirin to give her she was a bit better by bed time and the next day back to her comic self.

I finished my knit on the "bias" wrap with baby alpaca/merino/nylon yarn that is light but very warm.  I'm still working on my sock.  It is coming along, I just haven't made the time to work on it much.

Sunday we went to friends for the day and Gracie went with us.  She did really great and was happy she got to go with us.  She has come so far since I first brought her home.  She is calmer around people and animals now and not so fearful.  She still has a stubborn streak a mile wide, but that is the nature of her "pedigree".


While at our friends, for fun, the female half of the couple and I went to a bead show.  Neither one of us do any beading but we had a lot of fun.  We both came home with a few treasures and enjoyed seeing the millions of different beads from all over the world.  Amazing stuff out there.

Have a wonderful week!  I'm sure it'll be at least that long before you hear from me again!





No comments: