Monday, March 18, 2013

Today's hike

That log on the far side is where Lori was sitting, we come
down that orange colored path.
So far today I have not worked on the photos from L.A.  The weather is going to change so we took a hike this morning and I'm posting the pictures now because if too much time passes they will never get here.  

After breakfast on the deck I took care of some internet business, visited a bit with a friend and then decided I had better get the rose bushes fertilized.  It is a tedious, necessary chore and I use Bayer's 3-in-1 which covers the bugs and diseases too...for the most part, I sometimes have to supplement.  With this nice weather they have bushed out and I even see some tiny flower buds.  This is their third spring here and they have grown substantially, I can hardly wait for the blooming to start!
















I still have strawberry plants to move and I am studying on whether I need to thin out some of the perennial offshoots that have cropped up in the big flower bed....I'm thinking I may just let them do a mass planting effect for this year and maybe change it up again next year.  The mini carnations are heavy with buds and one flower is trying to squeak open.  The pear tree is peaking right now, but I do not think it smells very sweet...strong but not yummy like cherry blossoms.
















My planting of 5 different pink daffodils is looking like a bunch of yellow daffodils to me...they are just getting started so we'll see.  I took a picture of the bags over where I planted them so I will be sharing that info with the company if they disappoint.  I will still have lovely daffy's but you pay more for the unusually colored ones.

The sun is gone, it is five p.m. and we had to fire the furnace up for a bit, we hadn't heard that thing in a few days and its been nice.  It is way better than Ohio's weather, so I am not complaining...merely stating the facts :)


Looking across to Auburn
A beautiful oak tree

The deciduous oaks are blooming and leafing out.
California Poppy








No comments: