Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Warmer

We've been keeping busy doing what we do.  I'm still working on my first sock project...I'm stuck right now and have another lesson in a couple of days.  

We are still doing our smoothies...we switched to doing our veggie/greens in the morning and the fruit/greens in the afternoon.  It is working much better for us, we were wanting to really increase our raw veggies and some afternoons we just wouldn't get them in because they aren't as yummy as the fruit.  I like that we aren't starting the day with the sugary fruits and getting them in the afternoon when we need the boost more.  
Roses are sprouting like crazy.

This weekend on Larry's hike he ran into a couple of people who warned him that a mountain lion had crossed the trail in front of them.  Monday we went to Roseville and boy was it pretty, the trees are blooming and flowers were planted all around the malls.  

Roses getting busy.



Today I had Gracie micro-chipped.  I have a delicate flower and drama queen with four legs and fur.  I'm sure it hurt, a grain of rice sized piece of plastic was injected under her skin between her shoulders, but after a few hours she was clearly sore and not feeling well.  She stood looking at me and shivered as pathetically as she could and moved like she was 20 instead of 2.  She was/is very lethargic and not her usual crazy self.  I called the Vet and of course it is highly unusual, but as I really feel like she is just in pain, they recommended some aspirin.  She's eating and going outside to do her business, so I expect she'll feel better tomorrow.  My little Princess.

Asian pear getting ready to bust out.
We spent a couple hours in the lovely sun yesterday spreading manure in the flower beds. I am always excited seeing what has wintered over and thinking about the possibilities for this years plantings.  I transplanted some daylilies, have some strawberries to move, a spirea to move and my new camellia to plant in a pot to hang out under the pistache trees.  The daffodils I planted mid winter are coming up and I can't wait to get their pictures in a week or two.

AND...woo hoo!!!  Only a week now until my sister gets here!  We have quite a lot of fun planned.
They get so far and then just hang out waiting for whatever
tells them to bloom


These grew like crazy last fall and I can't wait
to see them bloom this year.




No comments: