Sunday, December 16, 2012

Whew!

Another eight days since I've last been here...I'm trying to remember what the heck we've been doing.  I think we made another trip to IKEA, but should be done there for awhile.  I have a lovely leather chair/footstool from there that I am loving.  We did the last of our Christmas shopping one day over in Auburn.  We had some sunny days and I finally finished the Christmas decorations.  I have been really busy with all this stuff, knitting gifts and getting all ready for company.  Larry has been out on the trail, I took a little walk and that's all I remember.

Today I made a lovely roasted chicken in our halogen air cooker, smashed yukon gold potatoes, gravy and peas for our company.  Larry's Aunt and Uncle arrived today and will be staying for a few days...it is always fun hanging out with them.

Our weather turned really cold for a few days, but it warmed up a little today to rain.

Great dinner, three glasses of wine, coffee and a killer chocolate dessert and I am a very relaxed, brain dead blob....I'll try to check in again before the end of the week.

Uh, WRONG baby puppy, I did not put this lovely blanket down on the floor for you...off!

My Momma's knitted legacy...she made us the skirt in the late 70's and added the girls names as they arrived.
My sock is about 50 years old and Larry's is 35...the fuzzy parts on the socks are pure angora...precious treasures.
We bought some of those cinnamon pine cones and I gussied them up with  some cedar branches and coffee berries from the yard.

Gracie is requesting that our next home is nearer the equator OR that the floors be heated....she was cold the other morning.



No comments: