Thursday, December 06, 2012

We are still alive!

Ever since we returned from Oregon over a week ago I have intended to blog, but have gotten busy and thought...first thing tomorrow.  Well a lot of tomorrows have gone by.  I finally sat down this evening to resize the pictures I intended to post and the program wasn't working...so I thought...tomorrow.  But I decided I had better check in without the pictures.

We went to Michelle's for Thanksgiving, we went up the Saturday before and was up there for one of their horrible windy rainy storms with flooding and downed trees everywhere. It being Oregon...even after the storm passed, I think we only saw the sun for several hours the whole time we were there.  We had a great time.  Michelle cooked many dishes for our Turkey dinner and it was all wonderful.  There was so much food she didn't have to cook the rest of our stay....hahahaha.  We headed home on the Monday following Thanksgiving.  

We had one or two decent days since we've been back where Larry and Gracie got in a hike, but for the most part we have had rain and clouds.  We had three big storms go through last weekend and we have gotten well over seven inches and there was four or more in our rain bucket during the week we were gone.  We are pretty saturated here and our little creek has been running.  We didn't get much sleep on the stormy nights!

I haven't taken a ton of pictures this past month.  But I have some to share...hopefully tomorrow.

We have been to West Sac a couple more times since getting back from Oregon getting the rest of the pieces to complete our big bookcase for the living room.  So we have been real busy with that.  Larry got it built and then we've been getting all the books and other stuff from all the rooms and loading it up.  This then has started a domino effect of rearranging furniture and pictures and plants and will eventually get to the kitchen cabinets and pantry.  We are getting the nest more efficient and add to it all we have gotten to it during the holidays.  So we have been hurrying to get done with the biggest parts so we can get the tree up and decorated.  

Then we'll take a break from all that while enjoying our family that will be visiting and staying with us for the week or so before Christmas.

I have been going to Pilates three times a week now that my garden is done for the winter.  I'm not getting the exercise I was so have to ramp up my workouts.  I am continually amazed at my progress.  I notice improvement every month still....YAY!  What I love though is that I deal with less pain every week as I've gotten stronger and am working harder.  I have regular soreness in my muscles now and not the horrible pain I would have after challenging myself.  I was a real wreck.

So all is good in our world.  I have stayed up past my bedtime so ta ta for now!

No comments: