Thursday, January 26, 2012

Misty

Yesterday was sunny and back in the 60's.  After the weekends rain it was all fresh and clean and shiny outside.  We took a two mile hike in the rec area and the fun thing about hiking after rain is the animal tracks you find in the mud.  We saw the usual; horse, deer, dog/coyote and then we saw mountain lion tracks....ooh.  Hey we thought it was fun.

I re-pruned my hedge roses taking out the crossing branches or weak looking ones now that all the leaves have fallen or blown off and I could see the canes.  It was woodpecker bathing day.  They were having a lovely time using the bird bath, one seemed to be doing its best duck imitation and then a sissy one would come along and just flip water with its beak and looked like a scared kid testing the water.

Today was cloudy and then later became drippy and misty.  The fog and mist is a nice change, it fills everything in and we seem all alone.  I had another enlightening day at Pilates class.  I learn something new about my body and get a great workout.  Today's was a bit painful, not because of what I was doing but because of my ouchy leg, but every day results in positive changes.

Oh, when you have leftover home made butternut squash soup it makes a wonderful sauce over mushroom/cheese ravioli...yummy.

So that's the latest!  Have a lovely day and weekend! :)

No comments: