Monday, January 02, 2012

A Cloudy Day 1-2

We started the day watching the Rose Parade.  Larry saw you Cliff, I blinked or was looking in the wrong place because I missed you, but I saw the rest and you all looked and sounded great.

Through the window...the bucks are skittish.
This lens brings everything super close!
It was mostly cloudy today so I deemed it a casual day and got dressed in my comfies, sans make-up...even foundation which only happens maybe a handful of times all year.  Yesterday I had started pruning the rose bushes and I went out and finished up today.  I left the two bushes that still had roses on them alone for another week or so and picked about 5 blooms and brought them in...my own Rose Parade...haha.

Snaps 






As you know we love nature and find it entertaining in some way or another most everyday.  We have a new toy to make it even more fun...an infrared trail camera...it detects motion and we can set it however we want as to how many pictures and how frequently etc.  We have often wondered what wanders through at night and this summer maybe we'll catch the cantaloupe muncher in the garden on camera.  As expected there have been deer most every day...we've had it out three days now, but already we have a coyote and a jack rabbit.  They were on two different mornings just before sun up.  We have it near the top of the hill above our house where a few trails come together and ours and two neighbors property lines come together.  I'm sure we'll have it all over the place as time goes on to see where the most activity is.








No comments: