Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Rain

We didn't blow away but we did get a lot of good rain.  That first wave that hit Friday night was over 4 inches and then Sunday nights storm gave us 7 1/4 inches total of rain for the weekend.  Our little creek even ran for a bit and the frogs have been singing every night since the rains started.  Now we get to dry out.

I had my second Pilates class today.  I am doing 10 private classes so I can get the proper form and get my body healed.  I have been out of whack since November with my hip and limping started a whole cascade of misalignment.  I have tried a lot of different things the last 10 years and it all seems to result in something hurting...I have heard so much good about Pilates and I am wildly impressed.  It works at such subtle deep levels that I am getting a great workout without the pain and exhaustion.  I can't seem to just let myself go to seed, believe me I've tried, but with Larry as a mate and a friend in her 70's going to the gym three times a week and getting in wonderful shape I realize that it will be my choice if I am feeling 80 in my 50's and sooo here I go.


This morning I spotted a new to me bird outside the kitchen window, it is the robin's cousin and is a varied thrush.

No comments: