Monday, July 13, 2009

Great Weekend 7-13









We had a nice weekend puttering around and keeping busy.


We had company yesterday...my Corral cousins, Pat and Mike came over from their place in Minden to check out our place...we got their stamp of approval...laugh! We had a great visit and a lovely dinner...Pat brought a huge salad and I cooked salmon...yum. We haven't seen them since Yuma and they travel as much or more than we do so it was nice to hook up with them again and get caught up. There is never enough time though...I thought of all kinds of things I had wanted to ask them but just never got the chance...next time.


I am figuring out how to do mosaics. I grouted the first frame and I think it turned out really nice...but I learned that I want to leave the grout higher on the next one...which I did today. These pictures are of the first frame and a picture of my grouting station in the garage that Larry cleared out for me!


Today we collaborated on a glass tile cutting box. I want to be able to nip and cut tile in my work room, but flying glass, carpet and bare feet do not go together...so I was thinking of a box...Larry found a clear box...he cut holes for my arms to go through and then we came up with a way to keep stuff from flying out....it turned out really good...I can't wait to try it tomorrow...had to wait for glue to dry.


I grouted my second frame with black grout...the tiles are red and mirror...it is stunning and I have laid out a third one and have been working on a glass candle holder...it has been fun. I'll post pictures later.


Yesterday and the day before we had lots of wind...today was a bit cooler without wind so really enjoyable, but starting tomorrow and through to the weekend we may get up to the century mark...yuck...then back down into the mid to high nineties...summer is heating up here.

No comments: