Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Chores and Puttering 7-8

Just a nice quiet day of chores, messing with the truck and starting on a mosaic. The batteries were lower than Larry wanted, but the truck started, though it didn’t sound its usual robust way…so I ran the truck for awhile and then hooked up the battery charger to keep a trickle charge on the batteries for a few hours. Larry talked to someone yesterday in Sacramento about electrical problems with the truck and the guy just groaned and said it could be a nightmare tracking down the problem….time will tell.

I cleaned the bathroom, dusted and vacuumed…and then spent the day puttering around, separating glass and designing my first project…I decided to start small and easy….a picture frame…so I can get a feel for all the materials I will be working with. My biggest block in my creativity is I want it right the first time and in all my planning and thinking I can get stalled. I wish I could be like other artists I’ve seen…they do test runs and throw stuff away right and left before they get the final product done…I don’t know where I got this hang up…I don’t know if it is about waste and frugality….or that old adage if you’re going to do something, do it right. I should have piles of watercolor hits and misses….I have a small pile but they are all hits to me.

Larry was running around in the Yuba to Sacramento area today taking care of business, he should be here any time now…he wanted to get in with enough light to get the communications trailer backed in….he hasn’t done this one yet and the camper just adds to the challenge, but he has yet to ever scrape or even nudge anything with the trailers.

The pictures in this entry are some of the pictures of the last place we camped in Oregon way out in the middle of nowhere…at least ten miles from the nearest asphalt road and a few miles from the nearest Forest Service gravel road. The camper is very teeny in a couple of the pictures, I wanted to get a couple of different views of our home for the night. The wild flowers were everywhere and the birds were singing all day, the chipmunks were frolicking and the mosquitoes were attacking….almost perfect!

The very last picture is of north western Nevada…contrary to my past biased opinion…there are a lot of beautiful places in the state.

1 comment:

michelle said...

here i am ;) 9:20 am....maybe 9:13, dont know which clock is right ;p