Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Salt Creek Falls and Bad Wii 6-17








Yesterday we left Junction City around 7:30, after Michelle and Seth left for work and pre-school.
We arrived in Fallon at 6:15, it was a looonnngggg day, I wasn't much company, I kept falling asleep. It was a 525 mile trip and we hit just a teeny bit of rain in California...the speed limit everywhere in Oregon is 55 mph or less and was slow and tedious. Larry was glad to finally hit California and then Nevada where we could speed up.
These pictures are of Salt Creek Falls on highway 58 in Oregon, they are Oregon's second tallest falls...we happened to see it from the highway so we turned down into the viewing area parking lot and took the short walk to the top of the falls. The forest along this highway is thick, mossy and has creeks and water everywhere...the Rhododendrons were in bloom and were shining spots of color amongst the greens.
We stopped in Alturas for lunch at Subway...the Black Bear Diner is closed up and there isn't much else to choose from and we fueled up in Fernley.
We spent the evening getting everything put away and checking things out. It was nice to be back in our own bed. It poured rain for about an hour this morning around 4:30 and had rained just a day or two ago judging by the huge puddles everywhere, seems like a wet end of Spring for this area...it has rained quite a few days in the last month.
Today I pulled weeds out of the flower beds and deadheaded the flowers. I unpacked the Wii Fit that I had purchased in Oregon...everyone has been telling me how much fun it is and others have been wishing they had it. WELL, after getting it all set up and synched up I found it wasn't as fun as I was told...the thing WEIGHED me, told me I was overweight AND then gave me my REAL age in fitness years...turning 50 this year is a milestone enough without finding that I am older than that in lack of fitness years!!!! RUDE! So I made my goal, stamped my calendar and got started on my fitness program...guh. It does seem fun and I am not very good at some of the stuff so it will be interesting to see my improvement.

No comments: