Sunday, May 04, 2008

Just the Highlights! 5-4-08

Today we decided not to travel; it was supposed to be cloudy with a chance of rain where we were heading and with it being a scenic drive we decided to wait until tomorrow so we could hopefully see the scenery.

We decided to hike out to the Mexican Hat Rock. Two crazy people climbed the rock while we were roaming around the bottom. We were gone over 3 hours and I took 156 pictures. Thank God for digital cameras and computers is all I can say. We Google Earthed our route when we got back and with sidetrips we kept taking to see blooming cactus and or to climb a hill so we could get a better view we walked over 5 miles. I am glad I wore my long sleeved denim shirt...no sun burn, I remembered my hat...no heat stroke and we remembered to grab our water...no heat exhaustion! A Stunningly, Gorgeous day. We are glad we decided to stay another night here and take a walk....this area, wow...every time you look someplace different there is more beauty to take in!

Then...now you gotta love the Universe....after we got back to the RV Park, just seconds after we cleared the frontage road we were walking on, we heard this god-awful noise; a Semi truck was going too fast, lost the road on the curve and screeched onto the little road where we had just been standing. He didn't tip or jack knife....he sat a few seconds, backed up and then continued on his way....another WOW for us…we weren’t still standing there!

Lucky Us....for sooo many reasons....for being able to be here, for not getting squished, for being healthy enough to hike out and see all that beauty and for having each other....Wow. Just a stupendous, LIFE IS GOOD day!

This is just a brief synopsis, I have more to tell and lots of pictures to share, but I have run out of time today to get it all put together. Tomorrow will be another travel day and more pictures, so it may be that I post the stories and pictures over the next couple weeks as I get the time.

No comments: