Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Power Shopping 1-2-08

Today we needed a break from all day painting and breathing paint fumes. Thank goodness we have a four door truck! It was packed and with stuff that wasn't even on my list. Let’s go to the beginning.

We were going to Reno to Home Depot to get stuff we needed for the house. We went to Wal-Mart for an electric blanket (our Wal-Mart was out) and this Wal-Mart was out too, but then we remembered we wanted to look for the $40 vacuum we had seen at our Wal-Mart (which was out) and this one had it! Yay, I hate bagless and this one has a bag.

Then, now don't faint, LARRY suggested we go check out the christmas decorations and see if we might find something for this next christmas. Everything was 75% off; we got a very pretty 7 foot fake tree strung with lights for $20. Boxes of glass ornaments 14 to a box...FIFTY CENTS. I think we ended up with a couple dozen boxes and a few other interesting things. I have enough ornaments and in two different color schemes to make the tree very pretty. Plus I got some garland, gift boxes, wrapping paper. We had two baskets with all that and it came to 105 bucks, with the vacuum. I couldn't believe it! I have never shopped the after christmas sales...I never really needed that much, plus living in Chester it was too much of a pain to get anywhere.

So now the back seat is full of stuff and we haven't even been to Home Depot yet.

Fortunately we had lunch at Applebee's and recharged! On the way to Home Depot was another Wal-Mart! Here we did find our electric blanket, and then I finally found towels I wanted in the colors I wanted and of course the rugs for the bathroom that matched and then we picked out curtains for the guest bedroom and then curtain rod and a cabinet for the bathroom that would work nicely and something else I can't remember. So we had to pack all that into the back seat.

Now we have finally arrived at Home Depot, its dark, and the first thing I spot are Giant Peace Lilies and they are only $5.98 each! I ask Larry if we rearrange and put the big stuff in the bed of the truck can we make room for the plants...yes he said. Lucky Day! I've been looking for some to help clear out the toxins in the house from all the paint and the new carpet and furniture when it gets here; I bought two. Then we found the shelves we needed for our laundry room and a closet; and a new chandelier for the dining area and a co-coordinating one for the living room and a garden hose. We have two baskets again, me with my plants and Larry with all the stuff we came for. We are pooped and we still have to rearrange the truck AGAIN to make room for the plants and it is hovering around 26 degrees while we are futzing all the stuff around! Then Larry says we forgot the curtain rod for our bedroom...CRAP...so I run back inside, get lost trying to find them, then take 10 minutes trying to make up my mind which one and then find the rings and get myself out of there! Stop at Starbucks for some liquid warmth and on the road home!

I have just never lucked out with such bargains before! Having Larry doing the math made it easier and he kept saying “is that all”…music to a shopping woman’s ears! We got home and brought the plants and the electric blanket in and put the stuff from the bed of the truck in the garage. The rest will get put away tomorrow! Lordy, this having a house is a lot of work…tee hee.

No comments: