Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow again...yuck! 1-20-08

















Today started out sunny. We debated taking a drive, but decided neither one of us had a driving need...ha-ha...to go anywhere today. I planned on doing nothing, but that didn't last long. I decided to go through the framed prints we've had in storage and figure out where to hang some of them. Most will find a home somewhere, but a few just don't go. I had to run to Wal-Mart to get picture hangers and then we got several pictures hung up. It is starting to feel like our place more every day. Getting familiar things put out around helps, but things I loved four years ago, just aren't important today.

It started snowing this afternoon and by the time it quit later this evening we had between 4 and 6 inches depending on where you look.

Tomorrow our drapes for the living room should arrive by UPS, my new curio cabinet arrives and I guess we have to call the furniture store in Reno to light a fire under them to get our mattress exchanged. I HATE when people tell you something and then don't follow through. Thats why I try not to let people pin me down to something unless I can be one hundred percent sure because it isn't nice to let people down.

Those of you who have followed my blog for a long time will remember that January of last year we were freezing our hineys off in the Houston, Texas area helping my Aunt Gretchen deal with all the red tape while my cousin Darcy, her youngest daughter was recovering from a near fatal car accident. Darcy is somewhere between a few and several years younger than me. I just thought I would give you all a little update; I talked to Darcy a couple of days ago and she had a great holiday season hanging with her family! She had missed Christmas the year before fighting for her life in the ICU. She is doing great! She recently passed her Real Estate College Courses and is cramming for the Real Estate Boards. She already has an agency waiting for her to come work for them. Darcy was a stay at home Mom, so being an independent woman is very important to her now that her kids are all grown. She is a cheerful, out going person and will do great in her chosen field. Yay Darcy!!!!

No comments: