Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Today's wildlife story 5-8

Nature is a puzzle...we were outside and I started hearing a frantic peeping sound and down the hill comes running a gosling. Near as I can figure....it and parents had wandered away from a pond up and over from us. I did hear the other neighbors german shepherd bark and then a pair of Canadian Geese flew low through our yard and away. Oddly the baby was heading in the same general direction the parents had flown and it was doing it several minutes after the fly over by the parents. Larry thought it might be heading down the street to another pond because it appeared to be on a mission...and sure enough it turned to the pond. Amazing! Did it smell the water perhaps? I even had my camera slung over my shoulder...it would have been a great picture if I had got the picture of it running towards me down the hill. I just get so wrapped up in watching.  I don't know if they hooked up or not, I didn't run down the street to see if the babe actually went to  the pond and who knows where the parents ended up.












































baby goose running down the street
Larry freed a lizard from under the house...it was sitting in one of the vent covers...at first Larry thought it was dead, but it was saying let me out...let me out.  In spite of Larry not being fond of lizards he took off the cover and the lizard jumped down to freedom...I love lizards.


Before going to pilates class this morning we had to give the car a rinse.  It looked like some ugly dust covered abandoned junk under the heavy coating of pine pollen.  We are getting coated now with pollen from the Ponderosa pines...yuck.
insulated and sheet rocked, today Larry finished
all the nailing 







No comments: