Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Meandering in Mendocino 5-15-07

Time is flying by and I’m not writing a darn thing. We’ve been busy doing our regular stuff and visiting. We went to Martinez on Saturday with Andrea and Will and spent the afternoon with our friends Lou and Vickie. There just isn’t enough time in a day to see everyone we want to see. No RV parks in the area make it impossible for us to hang there for a few days and see everyone at our leisure. The two hour drive each direction and price of fuel makes it even more of a challenge for multiple visits…woe is me.

On Sunday we hung out at Andrea’s and played with Ian and then we all went out for a nice dinner together.

Yesterday we drove to Mendocino. It is such a beautiful drive this time of year. The hills are still mostly green and flowers are in bloom everywhere. The oak trees leaves are freshly minted and not all tired and dry looking like they can be by the end of a long hot dry summer. Then you go through the cool primeval Redwood Forest and I didn’t get any great pictures there, mostly because we didn’t stop. We popped out on the coast just as the last of the fog was burning away.

It was a quiet, peaceful day in Mendocino…not much traffic, nor a crush of people. Many times I would be in the shops by myself and we kept commenting on how quiet it was when we were outside. For the first time we timed catching the flower gardens in full bloom. I found a couple of treasures in a couple of my favorite shops and then the wind started blowing the fog in…time to go.

We got back into Ukiah where it was hot and got some groceries and headed home. Larry went to the ball field to watch his brother and nephew play softball. Andrea and Ian were there too, I had stayed home battling my sinuses with steam and tea and drowsing through my non-drowsy medication.

Oh, needless to say I didn’t have jury duty. My day was yesterday and when I called the night before I was told I wasn’t needed…wahoo! Until the next time….

More flowers of Mendocino tomorrow, I had sooo many great ones I decided to save some for later.





No comments: