Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hellloooo!!!!

Time just keeps freaking flying by!  It has been over two months since we left California.  Two months tomorrow that we have been here in Tonopah, AZ!  

We both came down with the flu on February 5th and it lasted a month.  The first few days were the worst and then it was cough, and no energy for the rest of the time.  We just existed.  I was able to drag myself via car to Buckeye a couple times for necessities, but that was it.  The dog kept me moving though that first week of the flu for potty walks, when I bent down to pick up her poop, I moved like Tim Conway's shuffling old man.  It was kind of hilarious.  We didn't go very far for sure.

crucifixion thorn









crucifixion thorn close up




I keep putting off blogging because I wanted to go back and get caught up, but I realized if I keep waiting for me to get all the pics done and walk to the library for the better internet more and more time will just pass.  It's not like I don't have time here right now!  






I have been busy archiving two years of pictures that I kept putting off doing.  Thousands!  Almost done!  Whew.   

Teeny tiny flowers are everywhere.  These are rarish and on a few inches tall.
 






 With us feeling better, we are back to our walks.  We take Gracie out to the desert for her first morning walk and Larry will most days go back out for a longer walk later in the day.  The last week, I've gone too and with my camera to get pictures.  The desert is blooming and green right now.  We are in the creosote desert area, few cactus, but they are out there.  Lots of rocks.  Tee hee.  You guessed of course that I come back with several in my pockets most times.  Can't help myself.

Shrike









I've seen two new to me birds here and today we saw two horned lizards skittering out of our way.  We have heard the snakes are coming out, so we're on the watch for them too.  

Time will tell if I keep up here!  Someday hopefully I can find a way to get my pictures resized more easily to post here.  It's a process.  Then, I have to babble and write and edit and hope I make any kind of sense!  Hahaha!  

Thanks for stopping by! 









Loaded with buds!

Huge old tree.  Ironwood.  Grand!

Cool textures and faces in the old trunks.

Creosote bushes everywhere and blooming!  The flowers seem to glow.


These are funny to see skittering away.

Another horned lizard, look how they blend away.

Me!  Larry used his camera!


No comments: