Friday, December 19, 2014

Winter Solstice and Merry Christmas!

It has been a wonderful month of rain, wind and busy-ness.  We've had a heavy storm a week, inches of rain, wind, but fortunately no damage.  I had to prune the hedge roses before the big storm hit so I wouldn't have a lot of breakage or falling over.  I had to prune them harder than expected, there was a lot of borer damage.  As it hasn't hit freezing they haven't really gone dormant either, so I haven't been able to seal the canes to prevent more borer damage.  Hopefully I can get them sealed after the first of the year.  January and February will be busy when the roses finally go to sleep, I have many I want to move for better growth next year.

I've been busy learning about Plexus products and the company.  I've been making soups and enjoying the holiday season.  I've not done any baking, I don't want to eat any of it.

The shortest day of the year is this weekend!  And then the days start getting longer!  I love this part of the holiday season!  The decorating, the gift giving, the cooking keep us occupied while the days get shorter and darker.  Then after the holidays all the decorations get put away, the house is tidy, the days get longer and the New Year begins!  Exciting stuff.

Oh, I forgot.  Michelle and Darel have bought their first house!  Yay for them!!!  It closed just before Thanksgiving.  It's a three bedroom, two bath in SW Salem.  We are very proud of them. 

All is great with our family!  Larry and I are doing well.  So is Gracie.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
During our big storm.

One of our three small Christmas trees.

The hedge roses just before their shearing.

The roses after their heavy pruning.  I'm still amazed at how much I get done now and I'm not in horrible pain the next day.

Our other Christmas tree, no fireplace but our stockings are happy.

The roses are still bright spots in the garden.


One morning I heard a weird thud on the house, went to look out the window and there was a turkey on our power line.

It's a good thing only one landed there, it made the line sag badly.

Add caption

My mini orchid is blooming now as the larger orchid finishes.

Trying to get our walk in every day.  This day the sun actually made an appearance.



Gracie loves Papa Louie

Our beautiful friend Vickie.  She is doing so well after having a heart attack near the 1st of July.


I love Lou and Vickie's tree!  Loaded with beautiful decorations and candy canes!

Christmas season coffee tastes better in a Santa mug!

This is one of our wonderful natural pain relievers, this is for nerve pain. 

No comments: