Tuesday, October 13, 2009

SOLD! 10-13

Hello all! Today is wet, windy and cold; it has so far rained enough to actually wet the dirt.

Well most of you know that we have sold this house here in Fallon…finally. It took getting the yards done and all my stuff unpacked for it to happen. Well, partly…the other part was deciding that we don’t really want to be here, that I don’t want to settle somewhere I didn’t really choose and the concern that if we waited much longer the values would keep sliding down here and take 5 to 10 years to recover…so we decided we didn’t want to wait. No one likes losing money and I was afraid Larry would want to hang on for awhile longer, but he said one day that at some point you’ve got to quit throwing good money after bad.

So on the 19th of September we listed the house and in less than a week our buyer came through our house very impressed, made us a practically perfect offer and we are out of here by Halloween! Our termite inspection passed…of course and the appraisal came in correctly and now we are packing. We rented the storage this Sunday and have most of the house packed in boxes and over there already…these past few days feel like weeks we have gotten so much done.

During the packing we have also been loading the trailer with what we’ll need for living on wheels again, though we hope to find our new home soon so we are trying to not take as much stuff in the trailer being short-timers…we hope. If we can’t find what we want in New Mexico then we’ll just have to keep looking.

We are waiting on Connor’s appearance before heading south…he better not dawdle!!!

Today we wrapped up and packed all my pictures that were hanging in the house and stored in the garage. Felt like a bazillion, but probably about 25…I made a point of going through every room and pulling the stuff off the walls and stacking it in the bedroom where we were working so I wouldn’t forget any. We get them all packed and taped into their boxes and I go out to the front room to talk to my sister on the phone and while talking to her I am gazing at the wall and after a bit it penetrates my brain that I am staring at my lovely print of petunias …a FREAKING picture ON THE WALL in the main room and that I had to walk past every time to go down the hall to the bedroom we were working in!!!! Oh MY Goodness!!!! It isn’t little either…oh well…could be worse…we could have overlooked it and left it behind…..

About all we have left to pack are dishes and cookware. During the last week we’ll have to rent a truck or trailer to move all the big furniture and appliances….the drawback to having a short bed pickup with a tool box and a trailer hitch in the bed. Though Larry has gotten most everything already over to storage with the truck with the space it does have, just more trips.

I wish you could spoon up a cup of this killer butternut squash soup I made from scratch in the crock pot yesterday. It was the BEST ever! The hardest part about making this soup is cutting up the squash…you need like a chain saw or a hack saw to cut the thing…I just had my big strong Husband cut it up for me with my really big knife. Yum-Yum…oh yeah, the soup too…..Laugh!

Apparently I am a true desert rat now….with this wet rainy weather I could NOT get warm tonight…I have on sweats, thick socks, bootie slippers, a robe and a blanket on before I finally felt warm and the thermostat is set at 70….pathetic! We have also had some really good downpours...unusual for here.

No comments: