Monday, October 06, 2008

Update 10-6-08

Good morning!!! Thought I should check in.

We have this lovely new red Dell laptop that of course came with Microsoft's Vista. Vista is probably great for people getting their first computer, but for those of us who have thousands of files and have been using great software for the past ten years it is a total frustration because nothing works with Vista. We have to learn where our files are now and how to find them and all the software we had been using does NOT work with Vista, so that means getting all new software and gee...who do we have to buy it from....ummmm...Microsoft...what a racket!

The program I have been using to edit and resize my photos for my blog doesn't work and the program that came with Vista keeps throwing up errors so we have downloaded some software that is supposed to work with Vista and now I just have to learn how to use it.... so until I get that figured out no wonderful photos.

Since we are still in Fallon and nothing exciting is going on right now, you aren't really missing anything. Larry has been working on the computers and I have been reading, writing and painting. Autumn is my favorite time of year and I am hoping we get to the mountains to see the leaves before they all blow off the trees.

No comments: