Friday, December 15, 2006

CA rest area 12-14

For all the miles we have put on, we really haven’t seen too many people doing funny things. And by funny I mean out of the ordinary.

Today we were stopped at a rest area in California, I say this because you might think this was taken in Mississippi or Alabama or somewhere back there.

I like to stand and look out the window when I am eating my cereal at our rest stops. Sometimes the scenery is pretty and sometimes not. This trucker caught my attention because he was rinsing out bottles and pouring stuff on the ground with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I thought maybe it was cleaning solvents or something for his truck and the cigarette was a concern. Larry said one of the bottles looked like mouthwash and by now the guy was scrubbing something in his hand very vigorously and just as I had the thought that, Nooooo, those aren’t his teeth in his hand,... sure enough. It just struck us funny and weird. Out in the parking lot?! Why not in the bathroom, or at least in a bucket or something? Zoom in if you don't believe me.

No comments: